BOXWELL PERSONAL ITEMS LIST
What to take (and NOT take) to long-term camp. Use this as a checklist! Add your own special needs to this
list. PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING!
1. A lockable (combination-no keyed locks) foot locker.
2. UNIFORMS – Other than a swimsuit or some sleep clothes, 217 Scouts WILL ALWAYS BE IN
UNIFORM-No non-scout hats, t-shirts or pants are allowed. All clothing must be Class A or Class B. NO
CLASS "A" means:
Short-sleeved brown Scout shirt and green Scout shorts complete with green shoulder loops and current
Official BSA olive, knee-length scout socks.
Troop neckerchief with slide
Green 217 Troop cap (can be bought from Troop supply-we will have extras on hand).
Scouts will be required to buy replacement clothing at camp if any item does not meet the scoutmaster's
or any ASM's satisfaction.
CLASS "B" means- green Scout shorts, Troop cap and our Gold Troop 217 t-shirt. (Save the non-gold shirts for
217 meetings after camp). Scouts need at least 2 gold class B shirts.
3. ORDER OF THE ARROW members - bring sash.
4. Poncho, raincoat or rain suit. NO UMBRELLAS
5. Sheet, pillow, sleeping bag, (or blankets). Beds must be kept neat. Scouts live in wall tents, wooden-floored,
and sleep on cots with mattresses.
6. Canteen or water bottle (WITH NAME ON IT).
7. Extra clothing appropriate to the season: windbreaker, underwear, sox, scout belt, fleece,
PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!
8. Sturdy shoes that fit! Water shoes (Crocs or Keenes) are helpful too. Scouts MUST wear closed-toe shoes at
all times (No flip flops or sandals)
9. Toilet Gear: toothbrush and paste, soap, towels, personal first aid kit, any personal non-prescription
medication, insect repellent, sun screen. Take powdered detergent - you WILL need to wash some clothes, such
as your neckerchief.
10. Prescription Medication must be given to and retained by the designated adult!
11. Swimsuits - (at least two) and towel. NO SPEEDO/BIKINI BOTTOM SWIMSUITS!
12. Flashlight with good batteries, extra batteries and bulb, pocket knife (no sheath knives), compass, fishing
13. SCOUT HANDBOOK, NOTEBOOK AND PENCILS, these you must have!
14. Bug spray-Mosquitoes typically aren’t too bad but Boxwell has the ticks. Spray shoes and socks especially.
14. Light-weight cord or rope for clothes line, sunglasses, folding chair.
15. Scouts working on swimming merit badge must bring long sleeve button-up shirt and long pants (elastic
waist is suggested).
16. We do not want to see ANY ELECTRONIC GADGETS (NO PHONES, MP3 PLAYERS, ETC).
ASMs will have phones if you need to contact us. (615-424-5082-Henry) (615-300-5094-Thorne). We really
want the boys to unplug for the week. Scouts who get homesick and call home actually make the homesickness
WORSE! Come to camp. Be at camp… it’s only a week. REPEAT… NO PHONES!
17. MEDICAL FORM-NO FORM=NO CAMP! Form must be signed by qualified medical personnel.
18. PICKUP is Saturday morning at 9am sharp! NOT FRIDAY NIGHT! We need all scouts on hand to help
pack up all of our 217gear from the week.